Welcome to AMPA
The story of AMPA is one of a simple vision. The vision that successful Moroccan professionals in the U.S. and beyond can unite to create unprecedented synergy and value.
In an environment where relations between the US and Morocco could not be better, AMPA's mission is to enable professional and personal growth of its members both in the US and Morocco through networking, entrepreneurship and career development. Our network is our success!
AMPA in Action
- 2016 AMPA Networking Iftar.
- "Education for a better Morocco" conference hosted by the American University of Leadership in Rabat.
- Save The Date: 2015 Moroccan American Bridges (MAB) on December 4th in Washington, D.C.
- AMPA Ftour Networking Event
- Networking/Professional Development event
Dear AMPA Members and Friends,
Join us on Thursday, April 23rd for our Networking/Professional Development event in the cities of Casablanca, San Francisco, Tampa and Washington DC. Please note that New York and LA are to have their events on Thursday, April 30th.
As communicated earlier, the event will feature the "Member Spotlight". In fact, AMPA turns the spotlight on individuals, their accomplishments and their experiences. It offers an opportunity for you to share your story with your fellow members, inspire new members and strengthen awareness of the community and the association.
If you would like to be featured in the "Member Spotlight" or would like to nominate a fellow member, just send an email explaining the reasons for your nomination. Also, if you have a business that you want to promote during the event, send us an email and give us information about your business. The local organizers will make the final selection of the featured members.
AMPA members and their guests are invited to gather for an evening of camaraderie, collaboration, and constructive dialogue, in a chic and cool venue, supporting our local Moroccan businesses. Who knows, you may find a new business partner or mentor or mentee here!
Below are the locations that have been confirmed.
- Washington, DC: Venue: Bistro du Soleil in Old Town Alexandria, in the Lounge. 1504 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314-2717 - Time: From 6 pm to 8 pm.Coordinator: Georgie Welch
- Tampa, FL: Venue: The Renaissance Hotel International Plazza. International Plaza and Bay Street, 4200 Jim Walter Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 - Time: From 6 pm to 8 pm. Coordinator: Mohamed Mifdal
- Casablanca: Venue: Roméo & Juliet By Shore Club -10 Boulevard de l'Océan Atlantique, 20000 - Time: From 6 pm to 8 pm. Coordinator: Salma Oudghiri
- San Francisco Bay Area: Venue: Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley, 2050 University Ave, East Palo Alto, CA 94303 - Time: From 6 pm to 8 pm.Coordinator: Maati Benmbarek
Please note that New York and LA are to have their events on Thursday, April 30th.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Introducing Najia Kemmou as AMPA's VP of Government Relations 02/11/2015
- AMPA's Women Entrepreneurship Committee 11/30/2014
- AMPA Delegation Visits Moroccan Parliament, a Key Minister & U.S. Embassy 11/23/2014
- Ambassador Bush: Moroccan Americans Are a Bridge Between Morocco & the US 11/21/2014
- L'AMPA : Des compétences marocaines aux Etats-Unis prêtes à contribuer au développement du Royaume 01/14/2014
- Celebrating MENA Entrepreneurship
Dear members and friends,
On behalf of AMPA, I say a BIG thank you to you all for participating in MAB 2015. All of the feedback received has been incredibly positive. People are talking about the very stimulating panel discussions and presentations, the terrific speakers, and the beautiful handicrafts that were on display during the day in an exposition designed to demonstrate the effective link between education, entrepreneurship, and empowerment.
The 2015 Annual Moroccan American Bridges , AMPA’s flagship conference was a tremendous success. The event was held on December 4th at the Marriott Georgetown in Washington D.C. Theme for this year’s edition is “Educating Business for the 21st Century”. The event featured substantive panels addressing education and entrepreneurship, energy water and infrastructure, and the intersection of those areas with business opportunities. The conference included an expo featuring products made by Moroccan women's cooperatives presented by the Association d'Enfant dans les Hautes Montagnes, a Moroccan non-profit organization dedicating to improving the lives of rural children in the mountains.
We were honored to have His Excellence Aziz Rabbah, Morocco’s Minister of Equipment, Transport, and Logistics, as our keynote speaker this year. Minister Rabbah highlighted the current institutional reforms underway in Morocco that will promote investment opportunities in the Kingdom. "Morocco, under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, has embarked on a process of structural reforms, which has firmly placed the Kingdom on the path of development and progress,” he said.
Minister Rabbah stressed the need for an effective link between education, entrepreneurship, and empowerment and proposed the creation of a Free Logistics Zone dedicated to American companies in Morocco. “Morocco possesses all the ingredients to become a free zone thanks to its strategic geographic location, its stability, as well as the incentives, clear direction, and transparent roadmap it offers to investors.”
Over 85 people attended the MAB 2015 conference including business people, entrepreneurs, academics, lawyers, doctors, artists, university students studying Arabic, and even Peace Corp volunteers who had served in Morocco. We had a lovely dinner at Maxime in Georgetown where Loubna Kadiri, announced the new AMPA Women's Entrepreneur Network (AWEN) along with several new initiatives that are underway, including the first one on January 14, 2016. Please stay tuned or contact co-chairs Loubna Kadiri or Yasmine El Baggari for more information.
The AMPA management team would like to extend a special thank you to:
- Our speakers and panelists for high quality content and the passion they demonstrated for their areas of expertise: Hon. Mayor William D. Euille – Mayor of Alexandria. Anass Lahlou - President, American University of Leadership. Samir Bennis - Political Analyst and Editor-in-Chief, Morocco World News. Kamal Tabine - Professor of Linguistics, George Mason University. Marcel Ricou - Millennium Challenge Corporation. Naoual Elaomari Rsimi - Independent Consultant/Social Activist. Said Temsamani - Political Analyst & former Senior Fellow, Meridian International Center. Mohamed ElHajjam - CEO, AV Actions. Charles Dahan - International Advisor. Azzedine Aboulhaj - CEO, Adroit Tax and Accounting. Kim Taylor Wilson - Professor of leadership, Northern Virginia Community College, Financial Advisor. Amine Bentahar - Director of Digital Strategy, Advantix Marketing. Laura Lombard - President, Middle East & North Africa Consultants Ass’n. Luke Ritter, COO, Rainmaker Worldwide. Paul Doherty -- The Digit Group – the changing face of urban living. Elisabeth Myers - Founding Principal, Myers Energy International, Adjunct Associate Professor, Washington College of Law at American University. Jean Abinader – Consultant and Executive Dir., Moroccan American Center for Investment and Trade (MATIC). Hind Al Tamimi - Habayebna Magazine
- Our sponsors: The Middle East and North Africa Consultants Association, American University of Leadership
- Our distinguished partners: AMCHAM Morocco, Morocco Premier Events, AV Actions, Morocco World News, BizRadio, Mogador Radio (thank you so much for broadcasting the event live to close to 100,000 people around the world), Mogador Production.
- Our wonderful volunteers: Latifa Kerbal, Shahrzad Majdameli, Annica Ackah
- Our organizing team who worked tirelessly to put this great event together: Elisabeth Myers, Loubna Kadiri, Yasmine El Beggari, Meryem El Houadfi, Ali Benmoussa, Mohamed Adil M’sik
"I have participated to so many Moroccan events in the US, especially in Orlando, NY and Washington DC area, yet this particular one exceeded my expectations. The subject choices, the planing & organization of the event, the speakers, and the participants’ motivation were the key to the event success. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it.” Anass Lahlou - President & CEO, American University of Leadership,
"Thank you for organizing this great event. It was really successful and exceeded my expectations. All panels were very interesting, especially the last one about education". Samir Bennis - Political Analyst and Editor-in-Chief, Morocco World News.
"I thought that the organization of the MAB 2015 was absolutely impeccable and that the speeches and all the contributions were of an amazingly high standard. I certainly learnt a lot and the whole experience has given me fresh hope and provided me with new ideas for the future. Please pass on my sincere thanks to all those involved. I enjoyed it thoroughly, our discussion was lively, and frankly it could have gone on all afternoon. I was more than impressed by the whole event and the impact achieved. Congratulations.” Said Temsamani - Political Analyst & former Senior Fellow, Meridian International Center
Photos / Videos:
You can check the pictures and the interviews conducted by Radio Mogador on the AMPA Youtube channel.
Here are some of the post-event media coverage: MAP, The Washington Diplomat, Morocco World News
As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. You can always email us if you have suggestions for AMPA events or on how to improve AMPA in general.
Once again, thank you very much for your significant contributions to the success of the MAB 2015 conference. I have no doubt that it would not have been the success that it was without your presence. We look forward to the new opportunities that will undoubtedly arise out of all your efforts.
AMPA | Association of Moroccan Professionals in America
Dear AMPA Members and Friends,
AMPA will be holding its annual Ftour networking event for AMPA members, friends and guests in the cities of Casablanca, Seattle, New York, San Francisco Bay Area and Washington DC.
RSVP today, don't delay as space is limited. Click on a city link below to register.
Tuesday, June 30th: Washington DC
Wednesday, July 1st: Casablanca, Seattle, Bay Area
The event's date for NYC will be communicated soon.
This event is also an opportunity to "Give back" and donate to charitable projects in Morocco. To that end, we partnered with Morocco Foundation, a 501 © (3) nonprofit organization with a presence in both the US and Morocco, whose purpose is to fight poverty among vulnerable population groups in Morocco, particularly in rural areas and help underprivileged and poor people build a better life for themselves and their families. More information to come on specific projects and ways to help. Please donate generously and be part of the solution!
Please note that this not an AMPA-sponsored event. Attendees will be responsible for the cost of their meals.
We look forward to hosting you soon!
Sincerely, Chaouki Zahzah
AMPA | Association of Moroccan Professionals in America
Why join AMPA?
AMPA provides a platform for its members to network through social and professional events like our signature annual Moroccan-American Bridges conference (MAB) and our regular C-Suite guest speaker sessions. Our members also have access to dedicated on-line resources including members directory and job board. Check out our Membership section to learn more about why you should join AMPA.
What they say about AMPA?
I am very happy to see such talented and committed Moroccan executives. In addition to their major role as a trade link between the business communities of both countries, AMPA members are reflecting the image of the new Morocco; a young, modern, energetic and open country oriented towards the 21st century.
- 7 Hollywood flicks that were shot in Morocco - StepFeed
- King of Morocco Mohammed VI: Anyone Who Believes Jihadists Will Find Virgins in Heaven is Insane - Breaking Israel News
- Morocco's Net International Reserves Rise by 18.4 % as of August - Morocco World News
- Morocco Participates in Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development - Morocco World News
- 49 kg of Cannabis Resin Seized in Northern Morocco - Morocco World News